"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Thoughts I Can't Post on Facebook ;)

1. Why do people take vacations with other people?! I mean, I sort of get it, but I can't think of another family I'd want to go on a long vacation with (no offense) or another couple Jed and I should go on a getaway with (again, no offense). That doesn't mean there aren't families I like or couples I like, I'd just like my vacation to be MY vacation. The way I want it and the place I want.

2. Why do adults (without kids) go on Disney cruises!??! Also, why do they do this with other couples?!?

3. I'm intrigued by the number of only children I know who have lots of kids. Granted, maybe their parents wanted more kids and had fertility issues (I'd be an only child if my parents hadn't adopted my siblings), but for all those people having only one child, I'd pay attention to all the only children choosing to have more kids themselves.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll be back with more random thoughts. :)

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I love these thoughts, minus how offended I am that you don't want to vacay with me! (Yeah, just kidding-- trying to vacation AND keep some other family happy at the same time sounds terribly difficult.) I think Craig would do a Disney cruise even without kids, but he loves Disney a LOT. Fortunately we have kids, so this will never be an issue.

And my father-in-law, an only child, insists that people can have any number of children they like EXCEPT one. Zero, two, ten... anything else is fine with him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...