"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Books: My Top 15 in 2015

These aren't necessarily my favorite books this year, although some are. Some were just really well written, or really made me think, others stayed with me. When I look through the list of books I read this year, these are the ones that stick out.

In no particular order:

The Martian by Andy Weir*
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce*
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr*
Emma by Jane Austen
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson*
A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
El Deafo by Cece Bell
Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan
Death Coming Up the Hill by Chris Crowe
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt*
Still Alice by Lisa Genova







*contains the f-word (in some of the books, very frequently), or other questionable topics



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...