"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The end of our virtual school year

While we've been in Ohio this past year, the kids have been enrolled in an online based virtual school.  I love the curriculum (K12) but the requirements that go with it being a public school were time consuming and annoying.  I wouldn't do it again.  At least not in Ohio.  When we were part of a virtual school in Kansas (also using K12), it was much different. 

That being said, I am now embarking on the grand adventure of hunting down all the items that we need to ship back (free of charge).  I've already taken seven large, heavy boxes to the UPS store.  There are at least 6 more to go.  And I have no idea where the boxes that the kids' computer monitors arrived in went so I have to hunt down new boxes.  This was all much more exciting when we were opening boxes and unloading new stuff.  Now I'm constantly sending the kids to look for a graduated cylinder, a random book, a magnifying glass, etc.

And when it's all packed away and shipped off... we can start cleaning and organizing the kids' rooms and stuff which will lead to all sorts of planning, organizing and packing for China.  It's getting closer!  Ahhh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...