"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

My Top Books of 2013

I slacked off a lot in my 2013 reading.  My goal was 75 books.  Then I thought maybe I could get to 50.  And in trying to get to 50, I failed to note that if I'd read my 2014 book #2 book, The Boy on the Porch (151 pages) first, rather than my 2014  book #1 My Life Next Door (394 pages), I would have broken 15,000 pages for the year. And I'd have hit 49 books rather than just 48.  Instead, my totals for 2013 were 14,830 pages in 48 books.

My favorite books of the year in no particular order:

Book 3 in a series.

A few instances of swearing, including the f-word.  Main narrator is a prisoner of war during WWII.


Swearing including instances of the f-word.

Book 7 (and the final book) in a series.

 A handful of f-word, instances of drugs, drinking, a non-descriptive extramarital affair.
  

The second in a series (sort of a companion book told from the boy's point of view.  The first book, Just One Day is told from the girl's point of view).  Teen sex, drinking, light drugs and language (all mildly descriptive).




The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
 Teen drinking (but he's British and 18 so technically it's legal).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...