"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Farewell red stripey socks... you've been my favorite for awhile.


I've started getting holes in the bottoms of some of my favorite socks.  Well, more truthfully, I've had holes in some of them for awhile and am just getting around to dealing with it.  It's sad to throw socks away.  I just threw a pair away yesterday that my parents bought for me at the L.L. Bean headquarters in Maine in 1996.  I was supposed to be on that New England trip with them but was accepted to BYU only if I started in the summer.  There went my trip.  I got a warm pair of socks out of it though.  For the most part, socks are the things in my wardrobe that have been around the longest.  I feel like I need to photograph each pair before I say goodbye.  That doesn't make a me a hoarder.  Right?  Right!?  At least I AM throwing them away.  Farewell red stripey socks... you've been my favorite for awhile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...