"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, May 31, 2013

Hole

I can never find a baby book I like and having been the third child in my own family, whose baby book only lists a few things past gifts received at a baby shower, I try to be good about keeping up the baby books. I got a coupon from Target for a free 8x8 20 page Shutterfly book and thought I'd put it to use and create a baby book for Squirt. Then I dug out the calendar for dates of things in his life and realized I've done a poor job this year keeping track on my physical calendar and my Google calendar. Most everything is only on the Google Calendar. I need to fix that because at the end of the year, I "file" away the calendar as a "journal." I also realized I haven't updated height and weights for any of the other kids in probably years in their baby books. And I had to dig out their baby books as a reference for what I'd want in Squirt's, so I might as well update theirs. Now I find myself buried in a pile of file folders with doctor's records and other unrelated stuff associated with each kid, baby books, pictures that need to be filed away, calendars, etc. I've dug myself into a deep deep hole that I may never surface from.

2 comments:

wendys said...

It's not too late, they will continue to grow for many years! http://www.amazon.com/Humble-Bumbles-Journal-Meyer-Allen/dp/1887169318/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370224877&sr=1-1&keywords=baby+books+bumble
I just bought this baby book for the kids. I print off pictures at costco and tape them it!

wendys said...

Wow. I need to proof read. Tape them in. And I didn't just buy them now, but I bought them when the kids were born.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...