"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sheets

I'm not sure why my life suddenly seems so ridiculously busy.  There wasn't a huge change... I just feel like I don't have time to do even half the stuff I need to get done anymore.  BUT, I don't want to blog about that over and over again.  Believe me, I could.  Here's today's question... how, on top of everything else that needs to be getting done, including giant piles of laundry, do you also have time to wash everyone's sheets on a somewhat regular basis?  It's too embarrassing to even tell you when the last time the kids' sheets were washed.

5 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm terrible about that, too, especially since we put the kids in bunk beds. It's just too hard to get the sheets off and on again! I just keep hoping that they probably aren't getting them very dirty. ...right? If you learn any tips from your more helpful readers, feel free to clue me in!

wendys said...

I am too embarrassed also to even comment.

Erin said...

I also detest getting sheets off of bunkbeds. I make Nathan do it.

Aimee said...

I hear you on the crazy year...my baby just turned one, and I am trying this system - but it didn't work during the past year because I couldn't keep up any sort of regular system...and even this system is not great, but here goes...I do laundry (clothes) Monday and Thursday, then I do sheets and towels on Saturdays. I do sheets on an every other basis, so our sheets one Saturday, then our kids' sheets on the next Saturday, repeat. That way I'm not ever (unless we're sick) changing everyone's bed at the same time. But even with this system, there are Saturdays where we are just out of the house all day, so I think you know what happens then...it's not nice to think about...I try to think that our kids get baths most nights, so they sleep clean, right?! Anyway, during the past year I felt like I was always either sorting, folding or putting away laundry only to start again, but things are starting to slow down and now I have a couple of days each week without laundry baskets piling up everywhere!

Isn't it nice in conversations like this to think that you're not the only one? It makes me feel better!

Angela said...

I'm with Wendy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...