"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, January 07, 2013

The Greatest Sugar Cookie: Cookie 16

This cookie is unique with buttermilk as an ingredient so I know it isn't one I've made before.  I made these to give on a plate of Christmas goodies to the families we visit from church.  The recipe is from Or So She Says here.  Again I just used the tub of frosting I had from earlier in the week when I had to take frosting to Princess Sparkley's Girl Scout troop.  I did like this simple but fun way of decorating the cookies, just using a frosting tip and making lines.


 These were... interesting.  I really wanted to love them.  I liked the sort of chewiness of them.  I wasn't a huge fan of how strongly I could taste the buttermilk in them.













Other goodies: Ribbon Fantasy Fudge (chocolate and PB), , candy cane bark, and chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...