"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, January 05, 2013

The Greatest Sugar Cookie: Cookie 15

Basically, it's just habit now that when I need to make sugar cookies, I try out a new recipe.  And since blogging about my search and the invention of Pinterest, I don't think I'll ever run out of new recipes to try.  The problem is that eventually (especially with the invention of Pinterest), I'm probably going to remake the same recipe that I'm finding on someone new's blog.  And I'm too lazy to go comparing the ingredient lists, so I'll just keep baking away.  Hopefully I give them the same scores!

Princess Sparkley's Girl Scout Troop* has a party at the end of each semester where the girls have a little party and receive their badges they've earned during the semester.  I volunteered to bring sugar cookies for the girls to frost.  I don't remember why this was such a crazy day when I had to bake them (maybe just have to do the kids' school and then deal with Mystery Baby was crazy enough on its own), but it was so I quickly frosted a cookie and snapped a picture of top of the packed container.

This time I made this recipe from Sugar Bee Crafts (minus the icing,I just used store icing for those Girl Scouts).



They were good.  Not bad.  Not fabulous.  Just a good sugar cookie.  I think in the future I'd roll them a little thicker.  I'm not typically a fan of a crunchy sugar cookie. 



*Cookies for sale now, if you are local and are interested, send me an email and I'll send you a link to purchase them!

1 comment:

Erin said...

DOn't you think you will ever find the perfect one and just stick with it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...