"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Ahh!

Jed and I were just comparing how many page views a day our blogs get.  Because there are only like three of you who comment, I started thinking that only about six people read my blog.  Then I looked at the numbers.  Ahh!  In the past week, there was a day when 95 people looked at my blog.  Ninety-five!  That freaked me out a bit because I sort of stopped caring what I wrote about figuring only six of you are reading it anyway.  I should be more diligent about posting and making them good.  THEN I realized that it's "page views," not necessarily the most recent post I've written.  So really, a bunch of strangers are checking out Princess Sparkley's awesome Nancy Drew birthday party. 

But I should be better about blogging.  I used to try to post something at least five days a week feeling like I had to keep posting regularly so you'd keep stopping by the blog.  I stopped when I realized everyone was just reading my posts in Google Reader (or a similar program) like I read blog posts, and Google Reader lets you know when there's a new post. 

I'll try to think of some great things to post about, but right now, the two and a half month old and our super organized/involved homeschool year that started Monday are doing me in...

2 comments:

wendys said...

Holy Cow. That's a lot of views. I don't get more than 11.

Erin said...

I wonder if somebody pinned the party post. I have kind of lost my enthusiasm for blogging both the writing and the reading. But it is nice to check in sometimes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...