"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Health and Fitness

I decided I needed to make up some rules for myself in order to fit back into more than two pairs of pre-pregnancy pants that aren't stretchy.

1. No soda.
2. Treats on weekends only.  And Family Night.*
3. Walk 3-4 days per week.
4. Eat healthier meals.
5. Don't overeat.  No seconds.
6. No candy.  (Exception, Halloween).**

After I made this list I realized this is a bad time of year for cutting back on stuff.  My parents are visiting, followed by Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas.  These holidays are not solely about food, but, they sort of are.  Especially for me.

*Don't laugh at my rules.  I know my weaknesses and I know I can't completely cut treats out of my diet.

**I also know I'm going to eat some Halloween candy.  Probably a lot of it.  BUT, I won't buy my favorite candies to hand out and that will insure I don't just eat bags and bags of these.

1 comment:

wendys said...

I always give out the Halloween candy I don't like and save the good stuff. Way to go with the new guidelines. I cut out chocolate milk and nighttime snacks and started walking a couple times a week and now I am officially back in my regular clothes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...