"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, August 13, 2012

Tough Week

Last night Jed was complaining to me about how horrible his week is going to be.
1.  He has to watch a baby be born.
2.  He has to cut the umbilical cord which creeps him out.
3.  He has to be present for a circumcision (he already learned the lesson of not watching this one).
My response, "Yeah, YOUR week is going to be real rough."  It's not like I have to give birth or anything.
Then I had a laughing fit remembering a hike we took at Thomas Stone National Historic Site.  Little Guy was in the hiking backpack on Jed's back.  Jed ended up falling into a small creek almost up to his waist.  When he climbed up the other side of the creek, Little Guy was exclaiming how his boots *almost* got wet to Jed, who was wet from his upper thigh, down to his toes. 

2 comments:

wendys said...

Poor hubby! I guess you will have to be tough for both of you!

Alanna said...

I read this and thought, "Well, Brandon showed up to help that guy move today, so I guess Nancy didn't kill him."

Remarkable self restraint. I'm very impressed! Craig would know better than to say something so incendiary to me when I'm that pregnant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...