"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Places Lived

California: 22 3/4 years 
(June 1978-June 1996 - 18 years, December 2000-September 2005 - 4 3/4 years)

I lived in California for exactly 18 years, leaving for college in Utah on my 18th birthday.  Then, add on an additional 4 and 3/4 years after I'd graduated from college and Jed and I were married. 


Utah: 4 1/2 years
(June 1996-December 2000)

Four years at BYU and a semester student teaching.


Kansas: One month shy of 4 years.
(September 2005-August 2009)


Virginia: 3 years and counting
(August 2009-present)


It's a bit crazy to me that we've almost lived in Virginia as long as we lived in Kansas.  And it's even crazier that we've been gone from California for so long.  Eventually, the years I've lived outside of California will surpass the years I lived in California, and that's crazy.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is really strange to me that you have been in Virginia almost as long as Kansas. boo-hoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...