"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, August 03, 2012

Baby Blanket

I finally finished the blanket for Mystery Baby.  I bought this monkey fabric a few years ago when I had a bunch of friends having babies.  I assumed one of them would have a boy.  They all had girls.  So it's been sitting in my fabric box, waiting for an occasion to get used.  Last week I found the brown fabric and over the weekend I cut the strips and sewed them together.  Then Princess Sparkley and I went to the laundry mat down the road and washed and dried it so it wouldn't mess up our washer and dryer with all the loose strings.  

front, or rag side

back


I don't remember which lovey won my poll, I think only three of you voted anyway, but I went with the monkey since I ended up using this monkey fabric I had.  So, mystery baby will have a monkey theme going, at least in two aspects of his life.  I'm not sure I really want it to evolve into even more.  My brother had a bedroom filled with monkey stuffed animals and monkey posters until probably he left for college.


6 days until my due date.

1 comment:

wendys said...

Very Cute. good luck with the baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...