"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Simple Little Dessert

I got this idea (chocolate and banana cream) from Pinterest and simplified it.  She actually makes the pie crust, the pudding and the whipped cream from scratch.  I could do all that, but just for a simple treat for the family, I didn't need to.

I bought the refrigerated Pillsbury pie crusts, rolled them out and used a small round cookie cutter with a decorative edge, baked them (I think 400 for about 5-6 minutes) then let them cool.  She used vanilla pudding for the banana cream pie bites, I had banana cream pie pudding on hand so used that.  Use a small dollop of pudding to hold the banana in place and top it with more.  When I used too much pudding on the bottom, the whole thing started to slide away.

Taken with my phone when I couldn't find my camera.


For the chocolate ones, I just used chocolate pudding, but there's a variety of different flavors of chocolate pudding out there that I'm sure we'll try in the future.  We shaved chocolate chips on top to make it fancy.  This was Buddy's family night treat last week so he helped with the pudding and whipped cream.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...