"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes

Recipes for simple chocolate chip cookies tend to be one of the things I ignore.  So, feel free to ignore these recipes if you already have a fabulous recipe of your own.  I have a recipe I love that's my normal chocolate chip cookie recipe, but it makes a lot.  A lot, a lot.  Last night I made a batch so I could stock pile my freezer cookie dough collection.  I two-thirded the recipe and came out with about 4 dozen cookies.  So, when I want to make a chocolate chip cookie and not be overwhelmed by the amount of cookie (or the amount of butter I'm using), I have two new go to recipes.  The first my mom got from some woman in her church congregation, the second is from a church cookbook that is several years old from my mom's congregation again.  The second is an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe and is my dad's new "go to" recipe (even though my original recipe is his normal recipe).  And besides being delicious, each of these recipes is easily halved using only one cube of butter and one egg.  Jed appreciates this because otherwise, he has to try to figure out how to halve all the crazy fractions.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
 Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 375.  Cream the butter (when it is still pretty firm).  Add sugars, eggs and vanilla.  Mix dry ingredients then add to butter/sugar/egg mixture.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  This makes about 48 cookies.  Halved, 24.



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
2 1/4 cups quick oats (I use regular oats)
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 400.  Combine butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.  Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients.  Roll into small-sized balls.  Bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Oh, I'll try that first one. I have two recipes that we like a lot, but I make CCC often enough (2-3 times a month) that I'm always up for trying a new recipe, especially if it's recommended by a fellow baker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...