"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Turning 10

When Princess Sparkley's tenth birthday was much further away, I had this brilliant idea to get her a pet for her birthday.  It's her Golden Birthday (turning 10 on the 10th) and it's also turning double digits!  Two exciting things.  Now that her birthday is fast approaching, I'm not sure I can handle a pet yet.  Especially not at the same time as a new baby.  She's getting a baby brother practically on her birthday, isn't that enough?  But I feel bad because this means she most likely won't have a party, get a pet, and she'll be stuck celebrating with a baby for the next few years.  But what can I do for her instead?!  I thought about bumping up her 12 year old gift, which is getting her ears pierced, but I'm not sure how Jed feels about that.  Besides it would create an upset among the girl cousins who are having to wait until they are 12 also.  I need ideas, people!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Maybe a small pet, like a fish...

Erin said...

Pets are a lot of work. Nathan cleans the gerbil cage and the kids feed it. Our friends got a miniature bunny and it is way cute and cuddly. Maybe for her birthday you could make a special trip back to Kansas and we could go to Lego land in Kansas City!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...