"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice

So... I've always thought my birthday was on the last day of spring.  But it's today, and today is the first day of summer.  I'm thinking maybe it's a Leap Year thing and I just haven't paid much attention to it before.  Anyway, it does make my day a little more exciting because when my birthday is on the Summer Solstice, it's also the longest day of the year.  Hip hip hooray.  Except, technically, we aren't celebrating it until the weekend when Jed's semester is over and he's not swamped with classes and grading papers.  Maybe the kids and I will go out for ice cream.

1 comment:

wendys said...

Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...