"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Hoard

I'm currently reading the book Stuff about hoarding. Jed is reading it aloud to our kids (warning: this is NOT a kid book). Basically, everyone has a little bit of a tendency to hoard, we just do it differently and hoard different stuff. My 8 year old is currently inconsolable because he saw a pillow in the trash that he loves. A pillow he hasn't seen in over a year. A pillow that he had no attachment to whatsoever. Argh.
Just wait until I attack their empty toilet paper roll stash in the bathroom drawer.



Update:  Before my parents arrival, I made Princess Sparkley clean out the toilet paper roll hoard.  Here it is in its glory:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...