"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Valentine's Meals

A friend recently mentioned in passing that they have a red dinner for Valentine's Day.  I usually make us a Valentine dessert, but nothing meal wise other than maybe heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast (which I only did once, but I'm sure PS considers a tradition). 

Last year's treat was the heart box of cupcakes that looked like chocolate candies from here.

This year, I'm going to make these, but with this homemade Oreo recipe and pink tinted frosting.

But I'm still stumped on a meal.  When I Googled "Valentine's Day recipes" the suggestions are all romantic meals for two that involved lobster, clam or oyster.  Gross.  (I'm not a big seafood eater.)  So I'm still stuck.  I could do red foods, or heart-shaped pancakes, or heart shaped pepperoni on pizza.  I don't know though.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

wendys said...

Mmm those homemade Oreos look good. Occasionally I have gotten the heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys, but I usually do absolutely nothing! How boring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...