"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Greatest Sugar Cookie: Cookie 11

I know, I know. You probably thought I'd given up on this search.  But I keep finding different recipes and I figure I might as well try them.  I made these for Little Guy's Doggy party as a dog bone, never got around to frosting them and only took a pathetic picture of one cookie.  BUT... I planned ahead and knew I had to take a treat to church the next day, so I only made one sheet of dog bone shaped cookies and the rest I made cute and little, frosted up and sprinkled for the women at church.



These were delicious.  I sort of feel like part of their deliciousness was that we ate them the next day, so they had time to moisten up, or something.  If that makes sense.  And, I just used a tub of frosting from the store so no crazy frosting fiasco (frosting is not my specialty). Jed and the kids agreed that these were DE-licious!

The recipe is actually from a friend from our Kansas ward, Mandy, and her blog is private.  Hopefully she doesn't mind if I share the recipe here:

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour. The dough should be a little sticky. Flour a surface and roll out dough to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, adding flour as needed so it doesn't stick to the surface or your rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes. Bake 350 for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Frost as desired.

2 comments:

EmmaJ said...

I was going to email you today and ask for your favorite recipe. I will be making these for Betty's Valentine's party.

Erin said...

I made these for Valentines and I thought they were yummy! Thanks for keeping us updated in your hunt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...