"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, December 12, 2011

Menu

I haven't posted a menu in awhile and lately, we've been all about menus... so here's what's on for this week:

Monday: Pasta Alfredo
     And I'm cheating and using a jar of alfredo sauce over radiatore noodles and freshly shredded Parmesan and going vegetarian with just broccoli.  This is Princess Sparkley's FAVORITE meal!
  Dessert: Grinch Cookies (I made these last week following the recipe, today I'm going to try a regular cookie recipe (not the sugar cookie mix in this recipe) and mint it up.


Tuesday: Ham and Cheese Spiral

Wednesday: Chicken and Rice Stir-fry
   This is one of my dad's go to meals.  I'm going to assume it's from a healthy cookbook, because that's how he is, but I'm not sure.  We ate it a lot growing up.

Thursday: Hawaiian Chicken

Friday: Nachos (or bean burrito filling)

Saturday: Black Bean Chili Over Rice
     A roommate in college gave me this recipe and for some reason, I really really like it.  Maybe because it makes me feel like I'm eating sort of healthy. 

Sunday: Chicken and Tortilla Chowder

Monday: Best Grilled Cheese and tomato soup (minus the tortellini so we can dip our sandwiches in it)
  Dessert: Jed is in charge of our Family Home Evening treat, so probably these.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Is the black bean chili thing from Julie? If so I still remember it from college and I haven't had it since so that must mean it's good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...