"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

"I'm Bored."

Today was one of those days.  Our school days have slowed down a bit getting ready for Christmas break, so once school is out of the way for the day, Princess Sparkley pesters me every five minutes with declarations of boredom and questions of what can she do.  I have very clear memories of doing the same thing to my mom when I was little.  I even realized how annoying I was when I did it, I just couldn't think of a thing to do.  And half the time I didn't even want to do what she suggested.  Today, after her third declaration of boredom where my response was for her to unload the dishwasher (her daily chore) she finally did it.  I even let her use glitter glue and scrapbook today, which are usually right up there with painting and Play-doh in the likelyhood that I'll allow it to happen.  I desperately need to make one of these.  An "I'm Bored Jar."  Maybe one for me as well because I was a little bored today too.

1 comment:

wendys said...

That is an awesome idea. I think I would have to have a different set of ideas for summer and winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...