"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, November 17, 2011

What Gets Me Excited

Jed is writing a paper about the 2003 gubernatorial recall election in California in which I got to vote for action movie star, Arnold  Schwarzenegger.  I'm actually a prime example of what his paper is thinking about... I didn't want Arnold for governor, but I thought he'd have a better chance of winning than McClintock.  Anyway, none of this is what gets me excited.  Had you fooled, didn't I?  At the end of the semester his professor is having the students present their papers.  In a normal size class, this would be about 15 minutes per person.  But this class only has four students, so instead of letting them go home early, he's having them each present for 40 minutes.  Jokingly I told Jed he should open with food, a sort of mini reception for 15 minutes and then go into his presentation. I volunteered to make treats.  Then I got SUPER excited (here's the part that got me excited!) because I have California-shaped cookie cutters (as evidenced here) and he's agreed to let me make California-shaped cookies for his presentation.  I'm so excited!  I'm a weirdo, I get that.  But I still think it's going to be pretty cool.  Along the lines of this. He really is so nice to humor my craziness.  Thanks, Jed.

Update: His presentation was this week... here are the cookies:

2 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

I'll make the cookies for you if you'll write the paper for me. Tradesies?

benniegirl said...

You are my hero. This is genius!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...