"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloweens Past

I was remembering all the costumes my kids have had over the years, amazed at how many Halloweens they each have under the belts and since their costumes are much cooler than the punk rocker I was for several Halloweens in a row in the late 1980s, I figured I'd document my thought process here.

2002
Princess Sparkley was a SWEET PEA.
w/ cousins.  Camarillo, CA*

2003
We'll say she was a PEA-HEN, but techinically, only the Peacocks have the fancy colors and feathers.
Somis, CA

2004
CINDERELLA
Camarillo, CA

2004
Buddy's first Halloween as a FISH

2005
LADY BUG and DINOSAUR/DRAGON
Lawrence, KS
2006
BUTTERFLY**
Lawrence, KS

2006
RED SOX BASEBALL PLAYER***
Lawrence, KS

2007
CANDY CORN and UPS MAN
Lawrence, KS

2008
BUMBLE BEE, MOUSE IN CHEESE and MAIL MAN
Lawrence, KS

2009
FIREMAN, DINOSAUR/DRAGON and WITCH
northern Virginia

2002
PIPPI LONGSTOCKING
northern Virginia

2010
ARMY MAN
2010
COOKIE MONSTER and Jed makes an appearance as GIANT COOKIE
****

What will 2011 bring?
I'll give you a hint, the kids have a theme going on.


*Yes, the year labeled on the picture is wrong.  I don't know why.
This was pre-digital camera for us, so this is all I have on the computer.
**This is the year PS started throwing up just as we got her costume on to go trick-or-treating so I don't have any great pictures of her... she hadn't felt well all day.
***Buddy refused to dress up this year.  Then we picked this costume and he ended up sleeping in it some days because he refused to take it off.  He just barely outgrew it last year and still wore it all the time until I hid it away.
****How are there so many years that I didn't get not only a good picture of the kids together in their costumes, but not even one picture.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love seeing all of their costumes! They are all so cute. I love the pretty pea-hen. I look forward to this year1

wendys said...

I love those costumes! I am trying to get my kids to be pirates this year. We will see if it works! I bought about 8 costumes at the clearance sales last year and I am done with buying them! They get to choose from the costume bin now.

Kristi said...

I love this post!!! My neighbor frames pictures of her kids each year and displays them all on a table. I thought it was a cute idea. They are in halloween frames so they are only out seasonally. It's fun to see how your kids have grown. Can't wait to see this year's costumes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...