"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Goals Shmoals

It's a good thing I didn't actually post my New Year's Resolutions for this year because with just over two months left in the year, it's going pathetically.  I was supposed to finish three Blurb books this year of our family blog (2010, 2006 and 2005).  I'm in February of 2010. I have however far surpassed even my expectations for number of books read and pages read (I'm at 84 books and 27,291 pages and counting).  I don't even remember my other goals (I did write them down somewhere, just not on the blog).  I believe running was involved.  That fizzled and died with my month long summer trip to California and Utah.  Then life went back to "normal" and normal was unpacking a new place, homeschooling the kids, etc.  So... I guess I should resolve to be better next year and make the most of these next two months.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Lynn G. Robbins would say our goals for next year should be more "be" goals and not "do" goals, but the problem with "be" goals is that they are too wishy-washy. "I'm going to be more polite." Um, HOW? I want to follow his counsel and help our kids set "be" goals for next year, but I fear it'll just be a bunch of worthless platitudes if there's no way of measuring success.

wendys said...

It's easier to keep the resolutions if you just don't make any.

Angela said...

I definitely accomplished my goals: watch more tv and be semi productive for months on end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...