"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, July 29, 2011

Long Last Names

I love finding super long last names.  When they flash across the screen at a sporting event on the back of a player's jersey I quickly count the letters.  Usually the really long ones are 12 or 13.  Ben Roethlisberger (quarterback for the Steelers) has 14. 

When we went to Arlington National Cemetery last November, I took these two pictures so I could remember to tell Jed about these long names. 

15 letters!

14 letters
I was thinking about this today as I counted up the letters in my insurance guys' name, Toczydlowski: 12.

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Ha! Mostly German or Germanic-y names. And I'm very curious how Americans pronounce "Toczydłowski". :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...