"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Healthy "Ice Cream"

We tried out this banana "ice cream" recipe last night.  Bananas are one of the few fruits Princess Sparkley will eat.  And the only ingredients are frozen bananas, a bit of peanut butter, and chocolate chips (I'm leaving out the walnuts).  I made PS peel the bananas and chop them into one inch pieces.  I think I froze mine too long (the recipe says an hour but I just stuck them in there before dinner and didn't get back to them for awhile).  Plus, my food processor is teeny tiny so I used my blender instead... it ended up working, but I'm not so pleased with my blenders frozen fruit chopping abilities to begin with. 

The kids all ate it and thought it was ice cream.  It was yummy, very strong on the banana.  We liked it for a healthy summer treat.

2 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! I think I would lightly blend the final puree with some vanilla ice cream and then add the mix-ins and freeze again. Not so healthy, but probably cheaper than the Ben and Jerry's option.

wendys said...

This is verry interesting. I like the idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...