"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plans

I need to plan better.  First, I just looked at the clock and saw it was 5 PM.  We're normally 5 PM dinner eaters because Little Guy's bedtime is 7PM.  So it's dinner time, and about 5 minutes ago I let the boys have granola bars for a snack.  I had no idea it was that late.  And second, what I had planned for dinner tonight is this salad.  But Jed won't be home for dinner tonight so of the four people who will be here, only Buddy and I will eat salad.  And saying he'll eat salad is a stretch.  He'll have a tiny scoop.  Princess Sparkley will stick out her chin, roll her eyes and look annoyed, then start crying about how lettuce makes her gag.  Little Guy will demand clean noodles or pizza.  So you can see why, instead of making dinner right now, I'm avoiding it.

4 comments:

Lia said...

You've been off all day. You missed the time earlier too.

Lissa said...

Jeremy had meetings tonight and my kids ate cereal for dinner. I had some Wheat Thins,they were delicious.

Tiffany said...

That salad looks really yummy! But I know what you mean about the kids not eating stuff. If I know Mike isn't going to be home I am never in the mood to cook a "real" meal because it isn't worth it just for me!

Miss L said...

I meant to comment on this back in May when I first read it, so I can appreciate your Need to Plan plan. I also feel this way at least once a week when I look at the time and think, Oh yeah. I was supposed to start crockpotting THREE HOURS AGO. ugh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...