"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, May 02, 2011

Menu

I should note that all of these recipes are new to me, except Sunday's dinner and rolls which I've made before.  Both are yummy and the rolls are super easy.

Sunday- Chicken Spaghetti
              Magleby's Rolls
              Raspberry Ice Cream Cake
(All yummy!)

Monday- leftovers

Tuesday- Foil dinner with Kielbasa (sort of like this, but I'll make it up as I go)

Wednesday- Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles
     (A lot of work, especially if you hate pulling chicken off the bone.  I would use regular chicken next time, and a jar of Alfredo sauce.  It was very similar to this recipe, which is much better.)

Cinco de Mayo:
Thursday- Slow-cooker carne guisada
                Churros or Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie
(Carne guisada was pretty good.  Nothing special though.  Churros were good, but a little too eggy for me.  I don't like being able to taste the egg in stuff.  We didn't make the chocolate sauce, just sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar a la Disneyland.)

Friday- Homemade Pizza Pockets
    (I made up my own insides to the pockets, just spaghetti sauce, cheese and sausage or pepperoni.  I didn't add enough sauce this time.  And only one of my calzones actually looked like a calzone.  The dough was soft and sweet.  I liked it.  But the recipe says 18 servings and my family of five finished off all the calzones.)


Saturday- Sweet and Sour Pork and Baked Brown Rice
               
Mother's Day:
Sunday- Blueberry Cheesecake Flapjacks
       Dessert: California Fresh Orange Cake
 (The cake was delicious!  It totally stuck to the pan though.  Use parchment paper on the bottom of your pan, or this tip, except I put my cake pan in a shallow pan of HOT water, worked for me.)

Monday- Steak and New Potato Toss
   (Yummy, except the raw garlic in the vinaigrette was a little strong for me.  But this was sort of a healthy take on meat and potatoes.)

Trying soon:
Breakfast Casserole
Chantilly Potatoes
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...