"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Greatest Sugar Cookie: Cookie 9 and a review

Using these that Princess Sparkley gave Buddy for his birthday last month and using this recipe, I made a batch of Star Wars sugar cookies. 


I dyed the dough rather than trying to intricately frost them, like on the Williams-Sonoma website.  I even dyed dough black.  I think next time, I'll use a chocolate roll out cookie recipe for Darth Vader rather than black food dye. 

Little Guy direct quote: "When I grow up, I going to be Darth Vader."      


The cookies were really good.  Soft, which I like, but a little too easily crumbled for this recipe.  We took a bag to some friends and most of the Yodas were without ears by the time the cookies reached our friends.  I didn't love this cookie, so I'm giving it 4 stars.  Jed really liked it, if this was his blog, he'd probably give it 4.5 or 5 stars.  But this isn't his blog, so it's getting a 4. 






As for the cookie cutter review.  I've never used a cookie cutter like this, with an imprint made and a little springy button.  I liked it.  I especially liked that the design made it so I didn't need to frost them.  My only complaint is that the dough needed to be really to not stick in the cookie cutter design.  I actually started flouring it a bit in between each cut which helped a lot.

2 comments:

wendys said...

I think those are way awesome.

Lia said...

Love the Star Wars shapes!! I have another sugar recipe I'll need to give you to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...