"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I Wore Today

I'm slightly amused by bloggers who capture their outfit each day (or ever).  Mainly I'm amused because I have no style whatsoever, so it would be humorous for me to try a similar post.  For instance (without photos, sorry) I spent the first part of today wearing yellow capri pajama pants (that I actually love) and a stained, old, white v-neck t-shirt.  Then I showered and changed into a tan shirt and a dark brown skirt.  Then I took out the trash (wearing gray flip flops from Old Navy) and the skirt was blowing around in the wind a bit much for my comfort and I changed into denim Bermuda shorts (and an ugly brown belt because Jed makes fun of people that don't wear belts).  Can Bermuda shorts be denim?  So, I'm back to my "t-shirt and jeans" and I guess I'm okay with that.  It's always one of those things that is someday.  Someday I'll buy a new wardrobe.  And it will be fashionable and make me look fabulous.  And I'll buy lots of trendy accessories.  And shoes to go with every outfit.  And a bag to either match (or not match, depending on the current style).  While I'm at it, I'll also chop my hair short and go to the salon every six weeks to keep it looking good.  Someday.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I think I could have written this post, except it wouldn't have been as funny. Sounds like you and I are a lot alike.

Ahhh....someday....

Andrea said...

I'm supposed to wear a belt with pants??!! Crap! I'm ok if the belt loops don't show, right?

I like that Jed has some fashion sense. I think he should teach a class to other husbands in the area.

Angela said...

This is ironic because yesterday I was going through my closet and I could not figure out what was stylish or not. I thought about taking pictures of clothes that I was unsure about and sending them to you for your professional opinion...

Angela said...

p.s. I am still wearing my maternity clothes and molly is 9 months old if that makes you feel any better about your wardrobe.

EmmaJ said...

I see nothing wrong, EVER, with jeans and a t-shirt as long as they are classic and modest. I however also have those same "someday dreams", but my someday also includes me not getting grease stains on my shirts when I am cooking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...