"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Book Report: Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

Moon Over Manifest

Loved it.  It's 1936, Kansas, Abilene Tucker is sent by her father to live for the summer in the town he grew up in.  While she's there, she uncovers a mystery from 1918 in a box of letters and trinkets hidden under a floorboard in her room.  I don't want to give anything away, but Vanderpool does a wonderful job weaving together the two stories from two different times.  Oh, and it won the Newbery, more proof for how good it is.


And let me know when you've read it because I have a question.

1 comment:

EmmaJ said...

Thanks for the review. I saw on GoodReads that you liked it. I think I may give this one a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...