"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 03, 2011

How YOU Met Your Spouse

For some reason, it's super important for me to know people's back story, among other things, how they met their spouse.  I'm not sure why this little fact seems so important to me, but every time I move to a new area, I'm overwhelmed by the back stories I don't know.  I guess a huge part of this is I lived in the same house, in the same town for all but the first 2 1/2 years of my life.  My parents still live there.  So growing up, and getting married and staying in that town, I knew the back story of EVERYBODY.  And I did it without being nosy.  Here, in a new town, I'm always trying to figure out polite ways to find out information about people without being nosy or rude and finding out information that isn't mine to find out.  Just stuff that I'm curious to know about the new people in my life.  So... that all being said, I'm going to challenge everyone (new people I know, people I don't know, anyone who wanders this way) to a challenge I took a few years ago.  Blog the story of how you met your spouse... and it won't be just filling my curiosity, you can also count it as journaling, a personal history assignment, and pat yourself on the back.  Comment with a link to your "How I met my spouse" and I'll add them at the bottom of this post.  Thanks.  And here's my story for those of you who haven't already read it: How I Met My Spouse

3 comments:

wendys said...

I love reading other people's storys. But I really hate putting such personal info up on my blog! It's like my heart is out there for everyone to scrutinize. I will think about it though!

Erin said...

Well my story is not too exciting--we met at church. I bet that would be the story of lots of people I know. The only funny detail is that my dad actually met him at church the week before I did because that Sunday we just went to Priesthood/RS. He told me I could date the EQ pres or his counselor. Fortunately, Nathan was the counselor so my dad approved it.

Alanna said...

Just published the whole story. And it's long (which is why it took me three days!). But I enjoyed getting it written down finally-- thanks for the excuse to be cheesy on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...