"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, February 07, 2011

Food Food and More Food

I have a complete lack of motivation for most things right now, blogging included, so I'm resorting to an easy blog post... my menu for the week.  And this stuff should all be good because I've made most of it before. If I haven't made it before, I'll mark it with an asterisk.  I'm relying on tested recipes because the last few weeks I've been trying out new random recipes, and while they haven't been failures, they haven't really been successes either.  You're welcome for not sharing all of those with you. :)


Tuesday:  Mulligatawny Soup (Chicken Rice Curry Soup)
- When searching for the recipe I use online, I came across a Pioneer Woman version that I'm going to have to try next time. 
- And here's a kid-friendly version from Family Fun



*Wednesday: Overnight Stuffed French Toast

Thursday:  Alfredo Pasta
  -Alfredo Sauce is one of Princess Sparkley's favorite foods and this is simple because all I do is cook a fun pasta and add a jar of Alfredo sauce (usually Paul Newman's).  Then I serve it with chicken (sometimes breaded) and broccoli.  Jed and I prefer it all as one dish, the kids like their broccoli and chicken on the side.  We top it off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

*Friday: Tomato Tortellini Soup

Saturday: Chicken Bundles
- The link is basically my recipe.  I got the recipe from my roommate Tiffany back in college and it's been a huge hit with everyone I've ever made it for.  I use green onions instead of sweet onions.  And I usually add some garlic salt.  I use the 1/3 the fat cream cheese.  I've never used Parmesan cheese before, but I think I might now.  And I don't use butter or Parmesan on the outside, I just roll each bundle in Italian bread crumbs.  Oh, and I serve it with rice and broccoli (we're big broccoli eaters here) and I heat up some Cream of Chicken soup (the herb flavored variety if I can find it) with a little water and use it like a gravy.

      with Triple Cookies (yea for company, and sister-in-laws with yummy recipes)

Sunday: Clam Chowder
      with (dessert TBA)

*Monday: Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce
     -Sorry, it's a member exclusive recipe, but you can sort of see it.  If it ends up being any good, I'll try to share it with you.

2 comments:

LisAway said...

Mmmmm!

We call them chicken rolls and I've also been making them since college. Over here there are no crescent rolls so I make just a quick and simple bread dough recipe (same one I use for pizza). I use whatever kind of onion I have on hand and I always put broccoli IN the rolls. And grated cheese. And I don't roll mine in butter or anything else. These are basically super yummy whatever you do to them! (but I still always make them as above. :)

Alanna said...

I just made this alfredo sauce and it was great: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce.html

And, I made the garlic chicken farfale recipe that you linked and Craig is in love with it. I think I make it every other week for him now! (I don't know why we can't lose weight!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...