"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Kids' Jobs

Jed came up with a list of jobs the kids need to do each day before they can watch TV or play on the computer.  I like that it's getting them in the habit of doing things they should already be doing.


Princess Sparkley:
  Practice tying shoes
  Brush teeth and hair
  Read a book to Little Guy
  Piano practice*
  Clean bedroom
  Make bed
  Clean up downstairs
  Get dressed

Buddy: 
  Practice tying shoes
  Brush teeth
  Read aloud (to Mom, Dad or Little Guy)
  Piano practice*
  Clean bedroom
  Make bed
  Clean up downstairs
  Get dressed

Little Guy: 
  Look at books
  Clean up room
  Clean up toys downstairs
  Use the potty


We haven't been super strict about this every day because there are some days when they are awake and demanding a movie when I'm still 75% asleep and I let them watch a movie.  But then there are the super successful days when the first time I see Buddy (even though I'm still in bed asleep) he comes in to tell me he's done everything on his list, including tying his shoe by himself for the first time (which he's holding an inch away from my eye to show me).  And the piano practicing* hasn't really happened yet because our "piano" is a keyboard stored away in our coat closet and I haven't wanted to deal with the mess of it being out all the time.

2 comments:

Myk said...

I can't wait to give Kannon chores!

Kristi said...

I am so good at making these kinds of lists for my kids. I am so bad at following through. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...