"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Excited to finally make these...

photo credit: Bakerella

Princess Sparkley and I have been wanting to make these for awhile, but were waiting for the availability of pink M&Ms.  Then yesterday I realized that Valentine's Day means pink M&Ms!!  Yea!  Of course, Jed pointed out that we could have made these with regular colored M&Ms and we could have, but then they wouldn't have been CowGIRL cookies.  I'm off to the store to buy some pink M&Ms...

 [Added: These were super yummy.  Although I had to pick out the red and white M&Ms from the Valentine M&M bag to get the true, pink only, Cowgirl Cookie look.  This made a smallish batch of cookies, which was good because I only ate 7 or so... not 15.]


5 comments:

Kristi said...

Way cute.

Miss L said...

I'm excited to hear you like these because I'm going to make them with my girls, but hadn't heard if they were good or not. Would they still be Cowgirl cookies if we leave the nuts out??? :) Oh! Here's a question: Which to do you like better, Triple Cookies (aka: Heather's Cookies) or Cowgirl cookies?

As always, thanks for your posts. Love 'em!!!!

Nance said...

Miss L -
Yes, you could leave the nuts out and they'd still be great. I only used a small amount of very finely chopped pecans and just noticed them. But you could leave them out completely and the cookies would still be great.

Of the two cookies, I'm not as huge an oatmeal cookie person so I would prefer the Triple Cookies. But both are really yummy.

Nance said...

Oh, and Miss L... thanks for the blog compliment. It's nice to know there's someone out there actually reading and enjoying.

Miss L said...

Nance, thank YOU for taking the time to blog! And to answer my questions!!! :)

I mentioned this on your cooking blog, but wanted to let you know that I made the Triple cookies on Tuesday to take on RS visits, and they were sensational! Everyone loved them, and they were perfect: soft, chocolaty sweet with a touch of toffee saltiness. Yummy indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...