"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book Report: Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie


I loved this book.  The main character is an 8th grade boy who begins by complaining about his little brother and how annoying he is.  But then his life becomes a nightmare when his little brother is diagnosed with Leukemia, and it turns out he's actually a great older brother.  This book was a family (while still struggling) handling the situation much better than the family in My Sister's Keeper.  This book was great.  It's clean.  The sadness in it is well balanced with the humor.  And while my tears welled up often while reading it, I never actually sobbed (like I did through most of My Sister's Keeper.)  Sonnenblick is a great story teller.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...