Eat at Five Guys
- (3 times)
- Create and order prints of Blurb books for my family blog for
- (Done. Plus, I'm halfway through the un-blogged year of 2006.)
- Be able to run a mile without stopping.
- (Nope. Continuing this goal in 2011.)
Read 15,000+ pages. Include more classics, adult fiction and nonfiction.
- (Yep. Over 20,000. Full book record for 2010 coming soon.)
- Get fit. I'm happy with how I look and I'm happy with the size clothes I wear. I just could be more toned and fit.
- (Same. The running a mile would have helped with this.)
- Use coupons.
- (Sort of. But I could be way better.)
- Start a book club for Princess Sparkley.
- (Tried unsuccessfully in the summer. Need to try again in the spring.)
- Finish writing something.
- (Yikes. This is the resolution I remembered every few months and freaked out about. But I am working on something. Extending this to 2011.)
- Be less sarcastic with my kids.
- (I've tried, but not too successfully.)
Be more crafty and hands-on with my kids.
- (I think so.)
Plan homeschool lessons in more detail.
- (I could do better but I've done okay.)
Visit a museum (or historic site) in Washington DC at least once a month.
- (See below.)
February- National Gallery and Museum of Natural History
March- Williamsburg, Mt. Vernon, Cherry Blossom Festival, Kite Festival, National Aquarium in Baltimore and a trip to Philadelphia, PA
April- Cherry Blossom Festival,
May- National Train Day at Union Station (plus Jed took Little Guy and Buddy to the Air and Space Museum)
July- Potomac Mills Mall in Woodbridge (which, according to my new book, Virginia Curiosities, is the largest tourist attraction in Virginia... kinda sad.)
August-Manassas Battlefield and Stone Bridge, toured the Capitol with G and G from CA
October- Shenandoah National Forest (twice), apple picking, Battlefield,
November- Arlington National Cemetery
December- National Christmas Tree, United States Botanic Garden., Washington DC LDS temple lights
Teach Buddy to read well.
- (Check. He's still not convinced he's a reader but he's getting there.)
- Teach kids to ride bikes without training wheels.
- (We tried. Buddy did okay. And they both majorly improved in the swimming department over the summer.)
Teach Princess Sparkley to sew.
- (We've worked on a few projects.)