"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Books

I've surpassed my goal for reading 15,000 pages in books this year.  But now I'm at 17,438, just 2,562 short of 20,000 which would be awesome to reach by the end of the year.  Hard, but doable*.  So I need book recommendations to get me going.  The hardest part is I'm sort of in a non-reading slump right now.  I'm 47% through with Northanger Abbey (thanks Kindle for telling me a percentage).  And I'm on chapter four of reading aloud Stuart's Cape to the kids (but I'm pretty sure that has fewer than 100 pages).  So I need your suggestions for quick, exciting (meaning keeping me wanting to read) books with which to round out my year.

*I surpassed 20,000 pages in 2006 and 2009.

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Northanger Abbey is frustrating. You either like it or hate it. I wonder which you will be. I say do all Jane Austen's books, maybe some Dickens since it is the holiday season.
How do you count pages when using the Kindle?

Erin said...

Have you read all of the Shannon Hale Books? Goose Girl, Enna Burning, etc? I just finished Flipped and really enjoyed it. Sammy's Hill and Sammy's House are fun. Good luck with your goal! That is so awesome.

wendys said...

Hunger games, the Seventh Son, Ender's Game, the Princess Academy, The Invention of Hugo Cabaret.

Erik said...

I'm reading "Aquariums of Pyongyang" right now about a kid who survives the North Korean work camps and escapes to South Korea to become a Journalist. I think I'm going to finish it in 3 days its soo good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...