"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Messing with your mind

I had an education teacher when I was in college who told me I used the word "that" too often.  I've been paranoid about overusing "that" ever since.

I had a high school English teacher who spent an entire semester making us write poems excluding the "to be" verbs.  Also paranoia causing.

In the 5th grade, my teacher told me I over summarize, or included too much information in my summaries.  I've felt like a failure at summarizing ever since.

Why do these things stick with us and mess with our minds?

2 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Is this why you haven't finished the book whose idea you bought from me? (Note: I still haven't received payment yet.)

Erin said...

How can you over use that? That is ridiculous! I wouldn't be too paranoid about that. okay, maybe I will concede on that point.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...