"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cocoon

I'm one of those people that has to have a blanket when I sleep, even when it's 110 outside.  Except, when it's 110 outside, I can't handle a blanket.  It's too hot.  So I sleep with just a sheet.  Or nothing.  And I sleep horribly because it just isn't comfortable.  I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was all summer until we put our blanket and down comforter back on the bed a couple weeks ago.  My bed is so squishy and comfortable and soft and warm (in a good way) now.  I don't ever want to get out.  Not that I didn't want to stay in bed during the summer and sleep the day away, but now it's just so wonderful.  And I'm sleeping so much better being able to burrow in and have all the blankets tucked in around me.  I love you bed with all your blankets.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Me too! I am the same way!! I love to be snuggled in and cozy. It is really hard getting up in the morning now!!!!

Alanna said...

I'm the same way until Craig inevitably yanks the blanket off me, leaving me shivering and angry. And then I think about how much I preferred summer where I didn't care if the sheet got pulled off me!

Kristi said...

Me too! Plus it's dark. Somehow that makes it extra cozy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...