"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

Candy Corn Bunting


I finally made my own candy corn bunting!


It wasn't as easy as it looks and since I'm not the world's best seamstress, I needed way more step by step instructions than the how to link gave me.  The ones on the book shelf were the first ones I cut after making some adjustments to the pattern/directions.  They turned out just perfect, except only four of them.  Then for some reason, the next batch turned out smaller and the stripes not as equal.  I separated them and put them all with their matchers on two strings of pennants.  And I finished them before Halloween!  Will I ever attempt a bunting again?  Not sure.  Not a striped one, that's for sure.

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

YOU GO! They look great!

wendys said...

That looks like a ton of work!

Malissa said...

Super cute!

n.a. said...

Those look really great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...