"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, October 01, 2010

Book Report: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Read my full review here.


I loved this book. It brought out a little of my inner feminist, while still really showing the way a teenage girl works … wanting to be cute and liked, but also wanting to be heard and admired for things besides being a pretty girl. I loved the way E. Lockhart wrote the story with a little bit of foreshadowing here and there and a lot of creative adventures.  And it's free of sex and bad language.  Hoorah.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Sounds like a great read. Definitely going to check it out from our library!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...