"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wishing

Right now I'm wishing I had a really nice porch and far away neighbors.  I'd be sitting outside, feeling the thick air carry in what's probably going to be the last thunderstorm of the summer (even though the summer is already officially over), sipping ice cold water, and reading a book.  There would of course be no worrying about mosquitoes or other pesky bugs, or smoking neighbors, or kids constantly coming to check on my even though they are supposed to be in bed asleep.  There wouldn't be a laundry basket full of clean clothes waiting to be folded in my bedroom, or a dryer full of dried towels waiting in the dryer (for two days now).  Or a messy house to pick up.  There wouldn't be school to plan for tomorrow.  Or any of the daily jobs, worries or stresses that come with being an adult. 

2 comments:

EmmaJ said...

That sounds really nice!

Angela said...

I wish I was sitting there with you...sigh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...