"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crafty

Thank you to Alanna (private blog) who grouped me among other "insanely talented" crafty ladies she knows. What Alanna doesn't know is that my Young Women's leaders would never believe her. I was the teenage girl totally opposed to making all the craft projects they insisted we make. Or, better yet, tricking them into doing my craft for me. (Seriously, who is good at tole painting eyes on wooden bunnies?!?) But possibly, this was because crafts in the mid 1990s consisted of potpourri and tole painting. Bleh. Or, better yet, baking so we could attract a nice husband when we got to college. So thank you Alanna. I never would have thought of myself as a crafty person either. I didn't even really learn to sew until I was pregnant with my second kid, so, 6+ years ago now. And I am still terrified of a lot of craft projects out there (like quilting... I would LOVE to quilt, but it terrifies me), but I guess I have become a little bit crafty as I've grown up.

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

The way I see it, if I make something horrible I won't show anyone. But if I make something cool it gets posted. That way I always look crafty.

delilas said...

I want to learn to piece a quilt, lets get together and do it.

Andrea said...

I'm scared of quilting, too. Someone teach me!

Alanna said...

I'm afraid of anything involving a sewing machine-- that's why I can be so impressed with all the baby blankets you've made! I'm also still a little afraid of baking (although I'm slowly overcoming that fear), which is why I love seeing the amazing parties you throw for your kids! Such talent! (And who wants to make potpourri stuff anyway??? Lame!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...