"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, September 24, 2010

Books

I'm hosting my book club again in November.  Any good book suggestions?  I like to pick books that I know are okay for a church book club, but I also like to read it right along with the group so it's fresh in my mind.  Several years ago, in an October, my book club read Dracula.  Maybe I should have picked October and read it again.

Send me your recommendations.

4 comments:

Tiffany Harkleroad said...

Not really Novemberish, but A Stray Drop of Blood by Roseanna White is a great book for a church book club.

Cristin said...

Our book club is doing The Unit this month. Haven't started it yet, so I'm not sure how it is, but it looks promising. Last month was "Snow Flower and Secret Fan" which I actually enjoyed. Let me know what you pick. I have to pick for November for our book club too.

Miss L said...

I can't remember if you've already read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, but that was an enjoyed book in our Book Club. I hosted one and we read The Wednesday Wars, by Gary D. Schmidt and I got cream puffs for the refreshments. Love that book. I'm having a brain cloud, but if I think of others, I'll post 'em. :)

wendys said...

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies would be great for october.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...