"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Greatest Sugar Cookie: Cookie 4

This recipe is from my friend Leslie and was in my file of recipes to try.

Sugar Cookies on a Stick
Makes a "strong yet soft" cookie, durable to be on a stick for edible arrangements.

Ingredients:
4 cups sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP. milk

Directions:
In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla while batter is light. Slowly add flour mixture. Mix in milk. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


We made these Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle shaped cookies in honor of Princess Sparkley's book club (even though no one showed up but us). We used a gingerbread woman cookie cutter with a little ball of flattened dough for her bun (that was PS's touch).



Thoughts on these cookies:
These cookies were yummy. I'm giving them four stars. Depending on your personal tastes, they could easily be scored as a five as well. I didn't try to bake them on a stick. That however sounds fun, and maybe one day I'll be brave and give it a try. I think I've gotten myself in over my head with trying all these recipes and then trying to rate them. There should only be two categories: good and bad... otherwise I'm going to give them all either 5 stars or 1 star. I could never be a food critic.


1 comment:

Miss L said...

I love that you are still trying out the different recipes.

About these cookies, do you think they were durable enough to be on a stick, even if the cookies were kinda big? It's a fun idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...