"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, August 20, 2010

Book Sling



I'm always finding creative bookshelves (one involved using a rain gutter to create a wall shelf for kids) but none of them are typically in my realm of crafting ability (I'm not a wood or metal person... and not really paint either). This one was in the Family Fun that came with today's mail and it looks like maybe I can handle it.

Here's a tutorial at Penny Carnival: Hanging Book Display


2 comments:

EmmaJ said...

I love that shelf! I think I may have to make one too.

Jamie said...

I LOVE this idea. I want to do it too but I can see the kids hanging on it somehow and ripping it off the wall or bending the books up inside of it, you know? So cute and clever though and I love that they can lay in bed and have access to it.

I'm still planning on sending you those movies btw. DOn't give up on me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...