"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

New Dream Pets

Our family has always talked about Someday when we have a dog. The kids keep trying to push it sooner. It's still not happening soon. They try to talk us into fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, cats, etc. Not happening. But we all do have our favorite future pet. And some of them have changed, so if I've listed it here before, which is totally possible, this list is new and updated!

Princess Sparkley wants a Goldendoodle. This is a mix between a poodle and a golden retriever. She used to want a Teacup Poodle.

Buddy wants a Puggle, seen here. It's a mix between a Pug and a Beagle.

Little Guy just likes dogs and cats in general. As a baby, just learning how to walk, he tried to follow a giant dog around when I took him to book club with me. But now I think he'd be more a fan of smaller dogs... as long as they are calm, but in my experience, smaller dogs are never calm.

Jed still wants a Beagle.

I'm not sure about me. I always wanted a Chocolate Lab, but my parents have had one now for a few years so that sort of fulfilled that need. What other cute dogs are out there? I sort of like West Highland Terriers, like McDuff, but they get all gooey around their face if you don't take them to the spa every other day.

6 comments:

Angela said...

This is weird, I was just on facebook and one of my friends is giving away golden doodle puppies. I had never even heard of them before. Too bad they live in AZ or PS' dream could come true.

Andrea said...

My neighbor just got a puggle yesterday and it is SO cute. Made me almost want to get one...but we have "allergies" and we're sticking with that!

Erik said...

Growing up we had Long Hair miniature Dachshund, and I LOVED them. They were small enough that they could easily live inside, they were smart, very trainable, shed almost nothing, didn't slobber, didn't eat a lot of food, and were very playful. We actually had our purebread dog bread and I beleive we had a 3 litters and it was awesome as a kid to go through the life cycle with a dog. Cristin fears all animals, so I'm limited to fish for the near future, but if I wanted a good kid dog, that was cute and manageable, I would get another one of these.

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3853906729_f4da0001a3.jpg> Long Hair miniature Dachshund</a>

Erik said...

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3853906729_f4da0001a3.jpg> Long Hair miniature Dachshund</a>

Try number 2 with the link

Erik said...

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3853906729_f4da0001a3.jpg> Long Hair miniature Dachshund</a>

Not liking my link, hmm Cut and paste this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3853906729_f4da0001a3.jpg

Nance said...

Erik, that dog is ADORABLE. I guess we'll add it to the list of possibilities... for Someday. I just wish puppies didn't grow up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...